.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 01, 2015

 

A Cloudy ISS pass near the Moon (1 November 2015)

Stack of 3 images of the ISS near the Moon, 3 x 5 second exposures at ASA 400, CANON IXUS stacked in ImageJ. Click to embiggen. Animation of the 3 exposures in ImageJ.Click to embiggen


Since the ISS was due to make a daratic close approach to the Moon, and I had to get up at 4:30 t see it, ofcourse there were clouds everywhere. I did see the ISS travelleing towards the Moon, but I didn't get the closest approach, the hole the the cloud I had been following the ISS through went away at the critical moment (just like the solar eclipse in Cairns). I also saw the exit of the ISS.

Cloud have got more images but I angled the camera on my recolection that the ISS's orbit was flatter than it really was. 

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?