.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

 

More Fun with Stereo

When patiently helping me out with processing Stereo images, Alan Watson gave me two challenges, in the images from Stereo H1a 0326 find a SOHO Comet and an asteroid. I thought I found the comet, but that turned out to be the asteroid, shown here with the yellow brackets. On Stereo image 20070326_232115_s4h1A.fts it is at 771, 114 (where 0,0 is the upper lefthan edge of the image, units are pixels). You can get the animation here (1.3Mb).




Several days later I re-examined the images, and found the comet. SOHO #1277 is in the lower image, again identified with the yellow brackets (it is also much fainter).

The animation for that one is here (1.1 Mb). With both images you can click to enlarge them.

I'm a bit pushed for time at the moment, but it looks like I'm going to have a lot more Stereo fun.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?