.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Say hello to Io

On Thursday morning I managed to catch Io as it came from behind Jupiter. This image is a stack of 4 (which were stacks of 30-60 frames done in Registax) stacked with The Gimp. Jupiter is over exposed so that the Moon can be seen. Io slides progressively into view in these frames, separated by roughly 15 minutes.



This is an animation of the same event (you have to click the link to download the 250K animated GIF file). Here I have covered Jupiters overexposed disk with the contemporaneous properly exposed image of Jupiter. The animation was made in The Gimp as well. I need to work on my animations, but this bodes well for future eforts.

Comments:
I like the animation. Observing at the eyepiece makes things seem so static all the time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?