.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 20, 2006

 

Animated Jupiter

So I got up early to image Venus again, and did an extended shoot of Jupiter. I imaged Jupiter every 10 minutes for an hour, shooting a short exposure for the bands, and a long exposure for the Moons. Then I overlaid the images to get this animation. You get Europa zooming past Io, with Ganymede in the frame as well, and you can see features rotate (no red spot, it was rotating on just before sunrise). For some reason in the middle of the sequence some of the shots just weren't clear, so the features blur a bit. If you want to see animations of the planet itself, click here, and if you want to see the Moons animated alone, click here.

Comments:
That's awesome! I never realized there was so much motion over 1 hour. Definitely on my list of things to try.
 
I agree, that is awesome!
 
WICKED!!! I agree with Rob, something to try.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?